Monday, October 27, 2014

My best thinking...

It all started..... okay, so it just started. Here I am eating one of my famous bed time snacks - single serve microwave brownies! They are so delicious, easy to make and wholesome (in that the ingredients are real foods).

But, it bothers me that every time I go to make one I have to pull up the recipe on my phone or laptop because I can't quite remember if it's 2 T of cocoa or 2 T flour. Or is it 4T sugar or water. And it all has to fit in this mug. Then it hit me, like a ton of brownies (betcha thought I was going to say bricks, didn't you?)

What if I were to write the recipe on that fancy, dancy mugs I made at Mops on Day 1? Mine has yet to make it back to a meeting and it would serve me way better as my go-to single serve brownie cup than a water or coffee cup at mops. And, since it already has my initial on it, my family will know to keep their paws off my awesome dessert cup for one.

So, if you're looking to give your mug a real purpose in your life, join me in writing the following recipe on its other (way better) side.

Microwave single serve brownie
2 T butter or coconut oil, melted
2 T water
A few shakes of vanilla extract
A dash of salt
Whisk!
4T sugar
4T flour
2T unsweetened cocoa
Nuts optional
Stir
Microwave 60-90 seconds
Top with ice cream.

That's it! I'm out of awesome ideas. For tonight anyways. You're welcome.

Did I mention the brownies are delicious and easy? And that the typical American household has these ingredients on hand always? Shouldn't have to. You trust me, right. Now go make a brownie!

No comments:

Post a Comment